Points-tested, the sc489 Visa requires applicants to achieve 60 points and the nomination of an Australian State or Territory government agency OR the sponsorship of a relative living in a designated area. With the relevant sponsorship in place, the application is then a two-step process: firstly, lodgement of an Expression of Interest (EOI); and secondly, upon receiving an Invitation to Apply from the department, the lodgement of a Visa application within 60 days of the invitation, either in Australia or from overseas. Family members can be included in this visa. This visa has a high processing priority of between 3 and 6 months – more or less, depending on the quality of the application and the issues involved.
- Acquired nomination by an Australian State or Territory (which will require that you fulfil the key Visa criteria) or sponsored by a relative living in a designated area
- Nominated occupation is on the relevant Skills Occupation List
- Completed the relevant skills assessment successfully
- Aged between 18 and 49 years at the time of application
- Achieve a score of 60 points on the points-test
- Have Competent English language skills or higher (at the time of application lodgement)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Submitted and EOI and have been Invited to Apply for this visa by the department
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!