POINTS-TESTED APPLICANTS ACHIEVING 60 POINTS must undergo a two-step application process for the 189 Permenant Resident Visa. Firstly, they must lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI); then upon receiving an Invitation to Apply from the department, they must lodge a Visa application within 6o days. Family members can be included in this visa. This visa has a high processing priority of between 6 and 12 months – more or less, depending on the quality of the application and the issues involved.
- Nominated occupation is on the Skills Occupation List
- Completed the relevant skills assessment successfully
- Aged between 18 and 49 years at the time of application
- Achieve a score of 60 points on the points-test
- Have Competent English language skills or higher (at the time of application lodgement)
- Meet health and character requirements
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!