POINTS-TESTED APPLICANTS ACHIEVING 60 POINTS require nomination by the relevant Australian State or Territory government agency. Then, there is a two-step application process: firstly, lodge and Expression of Interest (EOI) and upon receiving an Invitation to Apply from the department, lodge a Visa application, either in Australia or overseas. Family members can be included in this visa. This visa has a high processing priority of between 6 and 12 months – more or less, depending on the quality of the application and the issues involved.
- Acquired nomination by an Australian State or Territory (which will require that you fulfil the key Visa criteria)
- Nominated occupation is the Consolidated Skills Occupation List
- Completed the relevant skills assessment successfully
- Aged between 18 and 49 years at the time of application
- Achieve a score of 60 points on the points-test
- Have Competent English language skills or higher (at the time of application lodgement)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Nominated occupation is the State or Territories Skills Occupation List (which will generally require that you fulfil the key Visa criteria) which may be different from the department of immigration’s CSOL.
- States and Territories normally require applicants to be resident there for 2 years after the grant.