GRADUATES GENERALLY AIM for this visa which may grant them work rights from 18 months to 4 years. This Visa is not points tested. It has 2 streams: Graduate Work Stream for students who applied for the first student visa BEFORE 5 November 2011;
and the Post Study Work Stream for students who got it AFTER 5 November 2011.Family members can be included in this visa. This visa is processed between 3 and 6 months – more or less, depending on the quality of the application and the issues involved.
- Applied for first Student visa BEFORE 5 November 2011.
- Nominated occupation is on the Skills Occupation List (SOL).
- Already lodged an application for Skills Assessment at the time of Visa Application
- Skills Assessment Application must be approved for the visa to be granted
- Certificate III and up are generally accepted
- 2 year study in Australia required and must be ‘closely related’ to the Occupation.
- Qualifications must be from a recognised Australian educational institution
- Application made within 6 months of completing the relevant studies
- Main Applicant must be in Australia and holding an eligible visa at the time of the visa application lodgement
- Achieved the appropriate English language skills (Competent) at date of lodgement
- Younger than 50 years of age at the time of application
- Meet health and character requirements
Duration of this Visa: The grant period for this visa is 18 months.
Duration of the PSWV depends on the study qualifications in Australia and is as follows:
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!